Monday, April 16, 2012

Thing # 15

I have always been aware that Wikipedia could be a unreliable source because anyone could get on there and add their thoughts or opinions. I now completely understand how easy it is to edit or and things to wikis.  I think is most cases wikis are a great source to share and discuss ideas or events.  In some cases much like Wikipedia is can be dangerous to those who are unaware of the source of the content matter and the ones that want to abuse the privilege.  As and educator I can think of  few different things I could do with this, I think it would be a great way to discuss, plan, and share ideas with teachers that I would be co-teaching with.  Another great use much like a blog would be a place where parent can go and see what we are doing in class, I could put pictures up from class a copy of worksheets or permissions slips.  If there was an incident a school or in class that was appropriate to discuss with all parents I could also past that to the wiki.  Parents who are not able to be involved in the classroom could get involved outside the classroom.  If parents want to share information about local events for children or ask about homework help.  This is a great way for teachers and parent to collaborate to create the ultimate learning environment and experience for student.  For student who are in upper grade that want to collaborate on homework or project a wiki could serve as an open forum for students to communicate at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment