Monday, February 20, 2012

Thing # 9

 
 http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/120220/d7309722c19bfb70.gif

     I played around with a lot of different image generators and this was the easiest site to use.  I am from Houston County where I hope to teach some day.  In my small town we celebrate St. Patrick's Day each year with a huge parade and our school mascot is even a leprechaun.  So I think students would enjoy seeing fun things like this in the classroom.  In the second image I made a B and put words that begin with the letter b inside and I also made it blue because that begins with b as well.  This would be great for Kindergarten, the students could help create the list of words.  There are many options when choosing symbols, colors, and text.  I could make some of these for almost any theme and create a counting activity for my students in Kindergarten or second grade.  This word Mosaic was very simple to make and you can even make initial instead of shapes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment