Monday, February 13, 2012

Thing # 6

I chose Skype as my web 2.0 tool because I hear so much about it but I have never used it until now.  There is so much more to Skype that video chat. Skype is a way to share documents and there are many features to accommodate business and home use. There are also a lot of devices and equipment offered that helps create your perfect Skype "experience".  One of the things that I thought was really neat was Skype TV which allows users to Skype through their television instead of their computer or phone.  I think this could be valuable in the classroom in many different ways.  Educators around the world could Skype with each other to provide their students with real life contact with children who live completely different lives.  This would allow teachers to connect their classrooms with places and people that were impossible to connect before.  If schools really started to find this site useful I believe that more options would become available for educators using Skype.
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home

No comments:

Post a Comment