Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thing # 3
In my last post I stated about how blogging will benefit me and my classmates during this class but in the future there are many different things that I could use a blog.  One of my first ideas is to create a blog for my classroom.  Because I plan on teaching second grade I would love to have a open line of communications with my students parents.  My goal would be to let the parents know what is going on inside the classroom such as upcoming events and subjects being studied.  I would also upload extra worksheets or handout because second graders can sometime be forgetful or misplace important things.  I would also be sure to post tips on helping them with homework or fun at home learning activities just for fun.  This would be a place where me and the parent could come together and make the students learning a great experience together.  An open line of communication is the best way to stay constant for the students.  Something that concerns me about this type of blog is the reactions of unhappy parents.  A lot of time and dedication is required for a blog like this to be successful. There are many more ways to use a blog for educational purposes involving parents, students, and teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment