Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thing # 1

The easiest habits of the seven and a half are setting goals for my self, creating my own tool box and teach or mentor others.  Setting a goal is easy but reaching it is the hard part.  My learning tool box has many tricks inside.  Throughout the years I have found out what is and isn't effective for learning.  I believe that teaching someone is also learning, if I have a better understanding of a concept than a classmate or a student I find myself learning another concept or point of view while helping them.  The most challenging part of these habits would be to view my problems as challenges, have the confidence in myself to be a competent and effective learner, and sometimes accepting responsibility for my own learning.  When I run into a problem instead of stepping back and thinking about it I begin to become frustrated which leads to losing confidence in my own learning.  Then instead of blaming myself for not knowing the material I find someone or something else to blame.  This have a negative effect on me and my learning abilities.  These habits are very useful that can make a great difference not just in school but throughout you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment